HOW TO OBTAIN PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT RECORDS ONLINE:
You MUST have supporting documentation for any value you list for real property in decedent's estate. You should bring one of the following with you to Surrogate's Court:
An appraisal (done within the past 3 months),
A broker's price opinion (done within the past 30 days),
The municipal property tax assessment card/record (current year)
You may obtain New Jersey property tax assessment records online at the New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards website (www.njactb.org). To search assessment records, you will need the block and lot numbers as well as any qualifier for the property you want to search.
1. From the main screen, select the RECORDS SEARCH link.
2. Under the Assessment Records Search section, select names of the COUNTY and DISTRICT.
3. Under the Search Criteria section, enter the block number, lot number and qualifier (if applicable).
4. Select SUBMIT SEARCH.
5. The next screen shows the records found. Select MORE INFO for the address you want to search.
6. Print the Property Detail Screen and bring it with you to Surrogate's Court.
* * CLICK HERE TO START AN ASSESSMENT RECORDS SEARCH * *